- Historically, home owners’ net worth has ranged from 31 to 46 times that of renters.
- A fixed-rate mortgage might not change for 15 to 30 years; rent typically increases 3% per year.
- Every home purchased pumps $60,000 into the economy.
- Home prices typically beat inflation by one or two percentage points.
- Sixty percent of a homeowner’s wealth comes from their home’s equity.
- The average homeowner’s net worth is $171,000…nearly 46 times that of a renter’s who has average net worth of $4,800.