A Proactive Safety and Lead Intelligence Service
Has an unknown, unverified buyer contacted you to schedule a property showing? Or have you met a prospective seller at their property for a listing appointment only to find it is vacant?
Meeting prospective clients unaccompanied, with zero knowledge of the person you are now alone with on the property? Safe? No.
Verifying the individual’s information, including asset or financial history. Efficiently? Hard to do.
Your safety is a priority. That is why we offer Forewarn, a proactive safety and lead intelligence service for all MCBOR members at no cost to you!
THE VALUE OF INSTANT DUE DILIGENCE WITH FOREWARN
- Using only the incoming phone number, FOREWARN can positively identify over 80% of prospective buyers.
- Identify if your prospect has a criminal history.
- Verify current property and vehicle ownership.
- Verify financial risks (bankruptcies/liens).
- Verify additional phone numbers and full address history.
- Agents can properly and safely plan for showings with a higher level of confidence.
Setting Up Your Complimentary FOREWARN Account
As a MCBOR member, setting up your complimentary FOREWARN account is quick and easy!
- Click here and enter your email address when prompted to do so.
- You will receive an activation email from FOREWARN, open it and click the link as instructed. If you do not see the email, be sure to check your junk/spam folder then contact the Board office.
- The link takes you to a page where you will enter the last 4 digits of your phone number. If the first 6 digits of the number displayed are not related to your cell phone number, please contact the Board office.
- You will be prompted to enter a confirmation code that will have just been texted to that phone number. Upon confirmation you will be prompted to create a password.
- Now you are ready to download the FOREWARN app by clicking on the appropriate link below from your mobile device, or searching for FOREWARN in the app store:
- Click here from your mobile device for iOS / Apple / iPhone / iPad app
- Click here from your mobile device for Android app
- FOREWARN provides instant & mobile identity verification and public records (criminal, property, court, etc.) for over 98% of the U.S. adult population.
- With FOREWARN’s roughly 90% coverage of mobile and residential phone numbers, you should be able to search and verify most people from their phone number alone.
- When you are unable find an individual in FOREWARN using a phone number, this does not necessarily mean fraud or criminal intent. FOREWARN users are encouraged to gather further details and use the additional search functionality (the “Search by name” link) within the FOREWARN app to ensure verification of the prospect.
- Name search tip: When searching by name, if there are more than 100 results to your query, FOREWARN will display “Too many records found” and prompt you to re-run your search using additional criteria.
- Phone search tip #1: In the search results, FOREWARN displays all the individuals who have ever been associated/linked with the searched phone number. It is normal for multiple people to be linked to a single phone number, either as previous owners of the phone number, or relatives.
- Phone search tip #2 – “Record not found”: If you search missed calls from telemarketing companies (typically they will not leave a voice message), you will get the result “Record not found” because that phone number has never been owned by, or associated with, a person.
IMPORTANT – COMPLIANCE:
Please note that you must limit your FOREWARN searches to professional uses only. FOREWARN is only to be used for verifying inbound prospects that have initiated the interaction, such as when a buyer, or seller themselves have initiated a request for information or service. FOREWARN cannot be used to verify information for outbound marketing efforts. FOREWARN activity is actively monitored (search terms and volume) to ensure proper use by our Subscribers as outlined in the Subscriber Agreement and the FOREWARN Terms and Conditions. FOREWARN is a powerful tool intended for the increased safety and efficiency of your business. Proper use of the service by real estate professionals ensures that we can continue to provide this valuable tool to the industry.